'Mankind owes to children the best it has to give.
Many things can wait, but not the children.
Now is the time that their bones are being formed, their blood composed, and their senses developed.
We cannot answer them tomorrow.
Their name is today.’ Gabriella Mistrel.
At Marlborough Road, we provide a broad and balanced curriculum and, by scaffolding children where necessary, we seek to ensure that all pupils have access to it, to resources and to activities. We use materials that reflect the diversity of our school population and local and wider community; we avoid stereotyping and, in all subjects, strive to provide positive role models that our children can aspire to. We bring up issues of equality throughout the curriculum and encourage children to discuss them in an informed and respectful manner.
At Marlborough Road Academy, we are dedicated to providing the highest possible standard of education for your child. We are proud to work with families, the community and a range of other agencies, to make sure that our pupils are safe, happy and successful.
We want all of our pupils to grow and develop into the best version of themselves and to be able to make the most of opportunities that come their way. We believe that our values underpin everything that we do, providing the essential building blocks for a well-rounded citizen. Our school values are:
In addition, we aim to:
- Nurture and foster positive relationships
- Welcome and support parents, families and visitors from the community
- Promote achievement and enjoyment of all members of our school
- Provide equal opportunities and access for all
- Offer a creative, broad and skills rich curriculum
- Develop independent citizens who are aware of their responsibilities and make a positive contribution to society
At our Academy, our school rules are stay safe, choose kind and work hard.
At Marlborough Road Academy we are commited to developing our pupils' Cultural Capital.